Sunday, July 6, 2008

I love to see the temple

Usually we go to Seattle each month so we can of course visit Dan and Grace but also to go to the temple without worrying about finding a responsible, fun, available, and most of all cheap babysitter. For the month of June we missed our chance to go before they left town the last half of the month. So did we give up? NO. Not totally anyway. One day after Klave was done with work we drove down to the Columbia River temple which is about an hour and a half away. There is a stake center there with a field and sand volleyball pit and drinking fountain, so Klave watched the kids while I went into the temple. It was so great to go inside and I enjoyed every minute of it. It's so peaceful there. I come out feeling totally refreshed for life and find Klave just about unwound. Nora I think just had pants on and was filthy, Nadine and Naomi were digging in the sand pit, equally dirty and Lucy was laying on a blanket crying. Klave is a great dad but I think he just needed some more resources, like snacks, swings, toys, etc. Anyway I come out ready to watch the kids and he's like, "That's ok, I can't leave you with these kids. They're crazy!" That was really nice of him to be so concerned for me but inside I was thinking, "What do you think I do every day of my life?" I tried to get him to not worry about it and go ahead inside but he persisted so we ending up just heading back home. The girls love going to the temple. They spend most of their days pretending like they are going to get married, so they really wanted to take their white dress-up to the temple and get their pictures taken. They loved it and we got some pretty cute pictures. Here you go...





5 comments:

Kelly O. said...

What a beautiful thing for your girls to be in love with! You guys are such great parents!

Rin said...

Oh my gosh, those are the cutest pics. I'm in love with your little girls and I haven't even met them.

Denise said...

You're cute! I received your post about GrocerySmarts. Unfortunately the program is only in Utah and Las Vegas right now. The concept is basically combining coupons with sale priced items in order to get AMAZING deals. I've heard a lot of people like pinchingyourpennies.com. I've never used that website before but people seem to like it!

Michael B said...

What great pictures at the temple. One day we'll see you guys again... one day...

Andrea said...

Nadine and Naomi look so grown up...it's so crazy how fast they change. you guys have such a beautiful family....we miss you!